Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One of THOSE days...

I'm sure every mother has had a day that starts out as 'one of those days'. Your 'roosters' wake you up at the crack of 5am. Then one after the other, they start throwing up.

I discovered today that if I didn't want little throw-up puddles all over the house, then I needed to stay where the boys were at all times. If I was in another room, and one of them had to vomit, they would come to where I was, say "Mommy..." and then SPLAT!!

I was reminded today, though, that I have a lot to be grateful for. I love any excuse not to do housework, and this was a good one. I am grateful for washers and dryers, dishwashers, and any other gadget that helped me through the day. I'm most definitely grateful for Joel, because he just quietly rolls up his sleeves and gets to work, even though he has a million good excuses of his own.

At the end of the day, Joseph and Jacob recovered completely. They ate enough food at one meal to make up for the ones they'd missed. Grace is always throwing up anyway, but she's healthy. And Emily missed most of the fun because she was at school.

Joel and I will laugh about this tomorrow-- as long as it doesn't happen again.

No comments: