Thursday, August 21, 2008

Joseph has ADHD.  We had him tested on Monday because he has some significant developmental delays.  The test result was not a surprise to me, but it is still somewhat traumatic to have your suspicions confirmed.  He's still the same cute Booboo, though, and I am profoundly grateful that there are solutions out there for him.  The members of the assessment team were all very kind and encouraging, and his preschool teacher is a very loving person as well.  I have no doubt that he will progress in her class.

I hope for his sake that he will have many kind people to influence him throughout his life.  The hardest thing to watch has been the frustration that people have in dealing with him.  It's hard to tell if he senses that rejection or not, but I sure feel it for him.  I don't blame people for their initial reactions-- human nature is part of all of us.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It may be disheartening, but not impossible. Different kids develop in different ways. I hope you can find a way that works well for him. Good luck.